notification email

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

notification email

Postby cwensel » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:09 pm

I'm just now trying out notifications. so far i'm getting them fine.

but the email notification deosn't seem to do anything when i click "create message".

i'm running mac os x 10 and the latest MS entourage.

am i clueless or is this a bug.

ckw
cwensel
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:39 pm

Re: notification email

Postby admin » Thu Aug 14, 2003 8:49 pm

cwensel wrote:I'm just now trying out notifications. so far i'm getting them fine.

but the email notification deosn't seem to do anything when i click "create message".

i'm running mac os x 10 and the latest MS entourage.

am i clueless or is this a bug.

ckw


We never test it under Mac OS X, but it for email submission. When you click 'Create Message' in email notification, it should open your email program and fill subject.
http://www.trackstudio.com/documentatio ... Email.html

Also you need to enable JavaScript in your email program, please check out http://trackstudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8143
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:00 am
Location: Smolensk, Russia

Re: notification email

Postby cwensel » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:41 pm

doesn't look like entourage supports javascript in email from what i can tell.
cwensel
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:39 pm

Re: notification email

Postby admin » Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:44 pm

cwensel wrote:doesn't look like entourage supports javascript in email from what i can tell.


What if you save email notification as html file to disk and open it with browser (as any other file). Still does not work ?
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 8143
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 3:00 am
Location: Smolensk, Russia

Re: notification email

Postby cwensel » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:37 pm

admin wrote:What if you save email notification as html file to disk and open it with browser (as any other file). Still does not work ?


yep, the javascript works in mozilla (atleast it opens up the mozilla email client which i don't have configured).
cwensel
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:39 pm


Return to TrackStudio Support

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

cron