Help with email support

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

Help with email support

Postby vladob » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi developers

can you let me know full syntax that I can use in email forwarded for import into TS?

Like where I can give task number (subject? Body?) so that such email is automatically added to task with given number, which keyword for actioni I can use in what format?

Many thanks

Vladimir
vladob

Re: Help with email support

Postby admin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 am

Hello

At the first, trackstudio find submitter by "From" e-mail address. This submitter should have access to the target project and should be able to create new tasks/messages there.

When importing tasks, we check e-mail import rules first, it specify keyword and where search it (body, subject, etc)

To add message to the task, you should have e-mail import rule too, also should specify #123 (i.e. task number) somewhere in the subject.
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby vladob » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:41 am

Thanks Maxim,

I found this sentence in your documentation
If in the header the system comes across the symbol # and a few digits, it will consider that this is the task number to which the message is to be added from the email. You must specify which type of operation must be executed (e.g., “Notes”).

How to do it for email to be added into task as notes?

Thanks

V.
vladob

Postby admin » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:29 am

vladob wrote:Thanks Maxim,

I found this sentence in your documentation
If in the header the system comes across the symbol # and a few digits, it will consider that this is the task number to which the message is to be added from the email. You must specify which type of operation must be executed (e.g., “Notes”).

How to do it for email to be added into task as notes?

Thanks

V.

Hmm, not sure that understand you. You should add e-mail import rule and specify message type for newly added message there. Then send e-mail to trackstudio account with subject like "#123", it should be added as operation.
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby jboo75191 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:30 pm

Hey! Does your teacher asks you to do a boring hometask, but you do not want to do it. so I have found the best writing service https://payforessay.net/ , that could easily solve my problem.
jboo75191

Return to TrackStudio Support