rolling back workflow

Discuss problems installing or using TrackStudio.

rolling back workflow

Postby cwensel » Wed Aug 13, 2003 11:47 pm

was wondering if there was a way to roll back a workflow by deleting messages (in the case i set the wrong handler for example).

or, is there a way to change a handler without creating a message (by editing the message?)?

i can build it into the work flow, but then all the extra messages get complicated.

ckw
cwensel

Re: rolling back workflow

Postby admin » Thu Aug 14, 2003 11:36 am

cwensel wrote:was wondering if there was a way to roll back a workflow by deleting messages (in the case i set the wrong handler for example).

or, is there a way to change a handler without creating a message (by editing the message?)?

i can build it into the work flow, but then all the extra messages get complicated.

ckw

Sorry, but this is "by design" - task state should be changed by message. Yes, it has some drawbacks, but allows more flexible workflow now (for example, you can set allowed handlers and resolution for each transition) and in the future.

Users can delete messages, please check out the User Management ->Status tab and the Task Management->Workflow->Edit Categories tab
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Postby cwensel » Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:07 pm

admin wrote:...but allows more flexible workflow now (for example, you can set allowed handlers and resolution for each transition) and in the future.

this is a planned feature, or i can now set allowed handlers in the current version.
cwensel

Postby admin » Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:46 pm

cwensel wrote:
admin wrote:...but allows more flexible workflow now (for example, you can set allowed handlers and resolution for each transition) and in the future.

this is a planned feature, or i can now set allowed handlers in the current version.

Its already available, but indirect way. TrackStudio control available hander list for transitions, so you can't set some user as handler if he can't process message later.

For example, you have 3 states:
new
resolved
closed

and 2 message type:
resolve (transition from new to resolved)
close (transition from resolved to closed)

Also suppose, that close can only handler (you can define rules for each user type in the workflow->transition tab).

Now when you resolve bug you can select only those handler, that can later close bug (i.e. bug submitter).
Maxim Kramarenko (mailto: maximkr@trackstudio.com)
TrackStudio - Hierarchical Bug & Issue Tracking Software
http://www.trackstudio.com
admin
Site Admin

Return to TrackStudio Support